Discover the ATV Trails of Northern Utah
In the late fall of 2007 we had some friends introduce us to the adventures of ATV riding. We fell in love with it. In the summer of 2008 we purchased three ATV’s to take our daughters out for some adventures. However, after we purchased our ATV’s we found ourselves asking, “So where do we go to ride that is in Northern Utah?” The only real answer we got was ‘American Fork Canyon.’ So that is where we went on our first few rides.
However, after a while we wanted to go to other places. We spent many hours searching the internet and found limited trail information and details. So we started studying maps, searching Google Earth, researching many trails and then spending the time to ride each trail to explore its features and conditions.
We have had many people ask us over the years where we go riding. The comment we have heard the most from them is that “we have this one ride and that’s where we go because we don’t know where else to go.” With that comment ringing in the back of our minds we decided it would be useful to create a company with a website where people could go and get complete information packages on ATV trails where basically all they had to do was click and go. So in February of 2016 we started ATV Trails in Utah.
Over the last 10 years we have collected vast amounts of information on ATV trails in some of the eleven counties that make up Northern Utah, that accommodate both the ATV and SSV vehicles. It has taken us a tremendous amount of time and resources to combine all this information in one place, but has been most enjoyable. In mid summer of 2015 we bought our first GoPro camera and started videoing our trail rides. In the early summer of 2016 we bought two more GoPro Cameras to add to the depth of our video documentation. In March of 2016 we started to create our website, atvtrailsinutah.com. 2017 has seen a lot of changes and additions to the development of the website all culminating in what we have today. 2018 will see us in several more counties gathering information and making it available on the website.
We currently have 57 trail packages that are in various stages of completion on the website and we will be continually adding more. All of our ATV trail packages range from Spanish Fork on the south to Logan on the north and from Tooele on the west to Kamas on the east. Depending on where you live most of these trails will be less than a two hour drive from your home. It is easy to go for a half day ride or a full day ride without having to travel for hours just to get there.
Each trail ride package includes:
- Detailed Custom Maps with Google Earth Waypoints of the specific trail and surrounding area that can be downloaded to your device or printed on paper. (Not available from the Forest Service) *
- A detailed description of the trail. We tell you everything you need to know about the trail so that there are no surprises. *
- You get a GPS tracks file of the trail to download to your GPS. *
- We provide you with GPS coordinates of Points of Interest associated with each trail. *
- We provide you with detailed directions on how to get to the Trailhead and where to park. *
- We give you a Trail Terrain rating Avg. between 1 – 5 with photos of each ratings so that you know what each rating means. *
- We provide a short video of the trail so you can actually see what it’s like before you get there. *
- We provide you with information on any applicable fees. *
- We tell you how many miles the ride will be and when the trail is open. *
- You get current digital Topo maps of the area and USDAFS Motorized Vehicle Use Maps. *
- All maps are downloadable to your device with instruction on how to do that. *
- We provide you with Google Earth Waypoints file that you can download to Google Earth on your computer so that you can get a Real-time look at where your ride will take you. * Also directions on how to download it. *
- Photos of the trail.
- Regular email updates.
- Quarterly Newsletter.
Like you, we have spent a lot of money on our ATV’s and SSV’s It is discouraging to see them used a couple of times all year because we don’t have the time and money to travel long distances to ride them more than that. Now you don’t have to travel for hours to enjoy your ATV or SSV, or spend hours researching where to go ride them. We have done all the research for you. You are just a click away from getting all the information you need for the rest of your life to get out and enjoy exploring new and exciting trails on your ATV or SSV that are close to home. We hope you have an awesome ATV season relaxing and enjoying the trails of Northern Utah.
Get Out For A Ride!
©copyright. ATV Trails in Utah 2016